Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Skirt or Really Stylish Apron?


My rooftop neighbor just planted some new cherry blossoms--- don't mind if I do :)

Photos by Charlyndria Horton

Blouse- Violet Boutique, Collar tips, Pencil Skirt, Bag, and Scarf- Vintage (La Petite Marmoset (tips-here- skirt -here-) Sunnies, cuff, and ring- Forever21, Shoes- Michael Kors

A lesson from the school of quick and dirty-- here's how to create the illusion of a scarf print skirt for free (or as close to free as possible)

1. Take scarf you already own
2. Tuck into skirt you already own (safety pin helps)
3. Wonder why you ever spent countless lunch breaks agonizing over whether you should purchase the SS 12' imitation prints on ASOS, Topshop and Zara knowing that you would probably not wear them after this season. (This last one is really just for me...)

Yay!

Update: Only one day left in the makeup workshop giveaway! Enter here 



9 comments:

  1. I love how you tied the scarf on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh looove how you styled this scarf, so creative and it worked so well!!! love it!!!
    un abrazo! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those collar tips.... AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look gorgeous! wanna follow each other? :)





    chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning pattern!
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun look - and super creative idea! Thank you for sharing... found you, a fellow CapFABB-er via the Washingtonian article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this on the Washingtonian, love the idea! Looks great on you dear!

    xoxo, Emily
    bluedogbelle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh you almost fooled me until I read everything lol. Love the entire look

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Katherine, you just fooled me too before I read this entire post. I really love your creative idea of stylizing this scarf. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...